Motley Crue live at Red Rocks


Ok, last night I was at the Crue here at Red Rocks. I know you have a lot of questions, and frankly you should. Your first question might be, what is the parking lot like? Was it 30 year old drop outs with pimp mustaches doing donuts in their bitchin' Cameros? Not really. Were breasts flashed? aplenty! Did they play ? Yes. With the exception of guitarist Mick Mars, the band looked terrific... and sounded ever better.



Don't get me wrong, Mick sounded great and just tore it up. However, Mick appears near death because of serious spine and back muscle and hip issues. He can't really stand or walk well, it was sad to see. Nonetheless, his guitar playing was spot on! The set was obviously heavy on hits, and the band has a lot. They played for two hours, along with both strippers and midgets randomly thrown in to match up with the 'Carnival of Sins' premise. Also, there was a shitload of pyrotechnics which complimented everything very well. It was madness, and it was very loud madness. You know that stupid saying 'if it's too loud, you're too old'? Guess what, I'm too old then. Before openers Sum 41 finished (who sucked, by the way. They were a poor man's Green Day) I had jammed kleenex into my ears as a makeshift earplug.

My favorite part about the show was the first set, it was awll comprised of the first two albums. This was cool for me, because I lost interest in the band just after Theatre of Pain. The band seemed to be more about glam than music... so I drifted to harder tastes and got into Metallica (who is on the same career trajectory if you ask me).


The point being, last night's show was $75 well spent at a concert... and I don't utter that often. I recommend the show, even if you are a casual fan. We had so much fun. Getting drunk with buddies, seeing a great rock show, and lookin' at boobies all night long... all while being at Red Rocks. I can't imagine a summer evening better spent.

Comments

Popular Posts