Friday Fives

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
This is a beauty, are you ready? When I was about 10 years old, my first concert was the Police's farewell tour - Synchronicity. Needless to say it was amazing and completely changed my life. If it weren't for that Police show, I wouldn't even have this little music blog. The opening bands were awesome too: Madness & Thompson Twins.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
Wow, very tough to say. I guess I am seeing a lot of heavy Toad the Wet Sprocket rotation these days.


3. What's your favorite song?
absolutely too tough to even consider, because rock is the absolute passion of my existence. So how about this, I'll name some bands and my favorite current songs from them, okay? Pearl Jam> Light Years, Smashing Pumpkins > Mayonaise, Eric Clapton > Wonderful Tonight, Toad > Crazy Life, Cream > Badge, James Taylor > Copperline


4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?

Well, I have been playing guitar for about 15 years... so that doesn't count. I'd really like to be able to play piano decently.


5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?

Without question that would be Billy Corgan. As I have mentioned many times, Siamese Dream changed my life. I was just listening to it last night again. I don't even want Billy's autograph, nor do I want to pic his brain. I simply want to shake his hand and say 'Thanks'

Comments

Popular Posts